You must obey all the California State traffic rules that apply to bicycle operation. Always travel the same direction as vehicle traffic. Signal before making a turn, don’t go over 55 mph (don’t you wish), ride single file, etc.
1. You must wear the provided Agony vest on the outside of all clothing.
2. You must wear a bike helmet and gloves, and have your bike equipped with side, front and rear reflectors. You must use a headlight and taillight for night riding, and have white or yellow reflectors on both pedals, shoes, or ankles (California State law).
1. Ride single file. Because of auto and truck traffic, it is not safe to ride side by side. (It is also illegal.) When it is safe to do so, you may pass other riders and then go back to single file.
2. At night, every rider must ride with at least one other rider because of possible illness or accident and possible, but unlikely, harassment from a motorist.
3. No headphones may be used during the Agony Ride while on the roadway.
The location of the Agony is one of the safest routes for a bicycle event in the entire state of California. Keep in mind however:
1. The roads are narrow and do not have shoulders. If you run off the pavement you might flip your bike.
2. Cars and trucks travel above the speed limit.
3. Be especially careful of traffic when you enter and leave the SAG stops.
You are an ambassador:
1. You represent Christian Encounter Ministries and Jesus Christ to the people of this valley. Be courteous and respectful.
2. If you are treated with disrespect or hear of complaints, report it to the Ride Master via a SAG leader or Roving Sagger, and let the Ride Master handle it. 3. Be sensitive to those living in the valley. Between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m. keep the noise down, especially in and around the towns of Loyalton and Vinton.
Office Hours: M-F: 9a-4p
Connect with us:
Contact: p: 530-268-0877 | f: 530-268-9077 email us PO Box 1022 Grass Valley, CA 95945